[solved] Broken webpage, manually run web update?

Hello :smile:

I have accidentally broken the webpage for mail-in-a-box. I have initially set it up with the hostname box.mydomain.com however I later changed that to mail.mydomain.com.

I believe I pressed the so called web update for the old hostname and now I canā€™t connect to either one of them.

running the mailinabox command didnā€™t work either.

Is it possible to run the web update manually with the actual hostname again? or does somebody know which config I have to change?

Thank you very much!

Iā€™m sorry, but it is actually not clear what you have done ā€¦

What does this mean?[quote=ā€œr2binx, post:1, topic:2646ā€]
Is it possible to run the web update manually with the actual hostname again? or does somebody know which config I have to change?
[/quote]

If this is a new installation, then you may be best off to start from scratch.

Thank you for your reply, fortunately I could fix it myself.

Iā€™m sorry for being so inaccurate. I think I pressed change on the old domain in the admin panel under the web tab.

Then a popup appeared and ā€œweb updateā€ ran. Itā€™s a script of mailinabox. I think it updates the nginx configuration.
However I had to modify the nginx configuration for my specific needs and the script takes the nginx configuration files out of the mailinabox/conf/ directory and overwrites existing changes and therefore breaking my setup.

So I edited the files in mailinabox/conf/ and now Iā€™m good to go again :smile:

Correct, MiaB does not support any outside modifications. If you make any changes then you will need to repeat them any time MiaB is updated as they will be overwritten.