[SOLVED] After upgrading to v0.42, the built-in version check still reports v0.41

@JoshData After upgrading to v0.42, the built-in version check still reports v0.41 as the running one … !?

✖ A new version of Mail-in-a-Box is available. You are running version v0.41. The latest version is v0.42. For upgrade instructions, see ...

[EDIT-190705-0654-UTC] Could someone confirm the issue? Thanks in advance!

• Looks like that’s something related to Github forks … Updating my fork to match latest 'official ‘master’ doesn’t update the version tag somewhere in, then the fork must be deleted, reforked as a new fork from 'Mail-in-a-Box ‘Master’ and then re-apply manually my custom changes on top of a branch it :frowning:

Question: is there away to update or force the new version tag, inside an updated fork, after a version change?

[SOLVED] Annoying but solved … by deleting the OLD fork, creating a new fork from ‘master’, creating a new custom ‘branch’ of the new fork and finally applied my custom tweaks on top of the new branch … Now the $(git describe) is reporting the correct version tag as v0.42 through status-checks.py.