So Happy I now have a custom STMP server!

Hi there, I am djos, a French developer and from time to time also doing IT administration tasks.

Josh’s installation program is so good (like eating at KFC). It went well even if DNS records were not enabled yet. As far as I know, you have to wait between 20 minutes to 2 hours to 24 hours for DNS servers to update.

I just want to say I am happy to have 10 out of 10 on https://www.mail-tester.com, it is also a great service to check on.

I just didn’t have the Reverse DNS on as I did not follow step by step the video on the home page.

SSH is on, on my digital ocean droplet and I have a private key on Windows using PuttyGen.

I use another server to send emails. My other server uses phpmailer and symfony (symfony is basically a French project) for the command line.

It is not too hard to set up. I want now to mass mail a million mails to 40000 companies in France, and I will, thanks to Mail in a box, namely.

Maybe I can help on the forum and improve as I have my domain name in OVH (french hoster) and I got almost everything to work. I still have the SSL certificate to work as explained on digital ocean and that is almost all about it.

I just want to say thanks for this project as I don’t have 2 thousands bucks to leave for a server (or so).

Everything is fine and I am going for another beer,

Cheers,

José from France
jose@mail.djos.biz

1 Like