SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host

Hi,

When i want send a mail, i use a configuration correct and i have this error ?

i don’t understand, it’s work on webmail but with all other application it’s not ok for send ?

ErrorInfo: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. Failed to connect to serverSMTP server error: Failed to connect to server
Host: box.mailverif.com
Port: 465
SMTPSecure:

ssl

SMTPAutoTLS:

bool(false)

SMTPAuth:

bool(true)

Server:
OpenSSL: OpenSSL 1.1.1w 11 Sep 2023
Apache.mod_security: No

Debug:
Source de l’e-mail : WP Mail SMTP Mailer: Autre SMTP SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. Failed to connect to serverSMTP server error: Failed to connect to server

SMTP Debug:

2024-03-06 13:53:29 Connection: opening to ssl://box.mailverif.com:465, timeout=300, options=array()

Thank’s for your help
Fred

Guessing based on your output you are trying to configure WordPress Mail… are you authenticating with WordPress for SMTP?

Also would need to know a little more about your setup, is WP(wordpress) on the same box as mailinabox? Same VPS? Same Network?

There’s a lot here that your leaving out…

Also try 587 for a port too? STARTTLS might let this go though vs 465 (SSL)

Hi,

Yes I test on WordPress for use smtp account, not on same network, but if i use an free mail account with smtp information, it work , with mail in a box, it s don t ok, i don t understand how fix that

Thx frederic

Can you help me help you?

• Encryption – TLS;
  • SMTP Port – 587;
  • Authentication – On;
  • SMTP Username – the email address you want to send emails from – for example, [email@yourdomainname.com]
  • Password – the password for the email address you have set in the SMTP

what logs do you get on the MiaB server?

run this command:

sudo tail -f /var/log/mail.log

Send a Test Email from the Box

What output is in the above command log.