Setting up Mailinabox with a GoDaddy hosted website

Hello!
I have a website hosted on godaddy that I would like to keep there, what is the procedure to make sure my domain Ex "Domain@abc.com" still directs people to that website while maintaining my email server?

Thank you very much for any help!

Once you have your Mailinabox setup, you can go to Custom DNS on the admin panel and set A (IPv4) and AAAA (IPv6) records as necessary. This will allow visitors to your website see your godaddy site while your email is directed to your Mailinabox.

I appreciate the response and the help! I’ve done as instructed but now I’m getting a “This website is not safe” screen when I try and go to it. When I continue anyways I get a “This webpage has a redirect loop” Error.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I’m not sure which it you mean by “when I try and go to it.” Are you talking bout your mailinabox or your godaddy hosted site?

Sorry, I am referring to the website.

I added the websites IP to the Custom DNS Settings and left the name field blank and just added the IP. That’s when I got the redirect errors.

Next I added “www” into the name field, now it just comes up with the “This is a mail-in-a-box” page.

Also on the status check everything is green, on the bottom it says.
A redirect from ‘Example’ has been disabled for this domain because you have set a custom DNS record on the www subdomain.

How long has it been since you added the custom DNS record? Sometimes you will need to allow it to propagate. It sounds to me like you have followed the right steps to get your email hosted on your mailinabox and the domain itself including the www. subdomain redirected to your go daddy site.

Are you familiar with using the dig or host commands from the command line of another machine where you can see how everything is resolving? You can also try a site like http://www.dnsinspect.com to see how your domain is resolving.

Probably about 1.5 hours. Should the www added in the name field matter? Also I went to that website and these were the only 2 errors.

WARNING: All name servers are located in one Autonomous System:
and
WARNING: All name servers are located in one C class network:

Those two warnings are fine. Just means your box is hosting both DNSs.

On DNS inspect, at the very bottom of your report, it will tell you about Web:
Are the IP addresses for your example.com and www.example.com the same address as your godaddy IP?

I’ve finally got it, I had to add both “www.example.com” and “example.com” to the custom DNS settings and then voila. I really appreciate the help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.