Sending form data to user in mail in a box

So I am confused at this point with my issue. I have a contact form (one of many) on my website that isn’t hosted on the same server as miab. When I tested my form data being sent to user@mydomain.com I received no email from the form. I can receive emails but, not from the forms from my site. I did some research on my hosted server and found that in the default email account I received the mail delivery email there. In the error it said that no user was found. However on the miab the user is created. I sent up a user on the hosted account and then the form delivered fine to the email account. Being confused I contacted the hosting provider and they checked a few things including the mx record and said it wasn’t with their servers. I needed to contact the email hosting provider. I don’t think that this is an issue with miab but, I have no idea how to fix it. Has anyone had this problem before and how do you fix it.

What software are you using for the form?

Also… Is it possible the website server is configured to think that it is also meant to be handling mail for the domain you’re sending mail to? The first thing to figure out is if the web server is contacting the Mail-in-a-Box server at all.

1 Like

it’s just a simple php form no software is used.

JoshData, how do I figure this out?

Check on the server with the php script using

https://www.quackit.com/php/tutorial/php_mail_configuration.cfm

The sendmail_path is /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i . I don’t believe this is correct but can’t find the correct settings for a Linux machine that would send to miab.

try installing sendmail on the server hosting the php script.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.