Requirements for groupware

Hi All,
We would like to know if the following requirements are met in the Mail-in-a-Box. Can somebody please comment on it?
Hosting
Infrastructure is private (not in the Cloud)
Preferably on Linux OS
Signature
Setup signature banner for everyone for a specific time period (from-to-date)
Setup individual signatures (same signature on all devices: mobile, desktop, tablet…)
Calendar
Setup individual calendars (synched on all devices: mobile, desktop, tablet…)
Check availability for other accounts in the organization
Organize meetings with accounts in the organization and outside the organization
Send notifications and reminder for appointments
Reserve cars and meeting rooms in the same manner as meetings with people
Delegates
Allows for delegates (ie. secretary can manage meetings for manager)
Contacts
Import organization contacts for all accounts
Share account contact (personal and organizational) between all devices
Easily add account contact from received email
Tasks
Create and share tasks for people in the organization
Account properties
Easily change surnames for accounts
Easily verify qoutas and notify about quotas limitations
AD connectivity
Synch mail accounts with AD accounts
Out of office
Setup/edit/turn off and on HTML out of office from all devices : mobile, desktop, tablet…
Desktop application
Supports Thunderbird and occasional Outlook
Migration
Easy one time migration of our existing 331 IMAP accounts to the new system
Webmail
Webmail solution to use from home
Enables access to (all – also archived) email, calendar, contacts
Anti-spam, Anti-virus, Sieve filtering
Allows for all of the above
Backup
Allows for easy backup and restore of mailboxes (ie. when users deletes messages or tasks or calendar events and wants them restored from backup)
Encryption
Allows encrypting emails with sensitive information (ie. patient personal information that doctors within the organization share) with public certificates

One COULD dedicate a physical server to it, but that would be a waste of resources in most cases. However, certainly do-able.

The only OS supported by this project is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Reading through the rest of the questions, MiaB is not for you.

Hi @alento, Thanks for going through the requirements. Which requirements you think are not in MiaB?

These items either partially or in full are not supported.

Signature
Setup signature banner for everyone for a specific time period (from-to-date)
Setup individual signatures (same signature on all devices: mobile, desktop, tablet…)
Delegates
Allows for delegates (ie. secretary can manage meetings for manager)
Account properties
Easily verify qoutas and notify about quotas limitations
AD connectivity
Synch mail accounts with AD accounts
Out of office
Setup/edit/turn off and on HTML out of office from all devices : mobile, desktop, tablet…
Migration
Easy one time migration of our existing 331 IMAP accounts to the new system
Backup
Allows for easy backup and restore of mailboxes (ie. when users deletes messages or tasks or calendar events and wants them restored from backup)
Encryption
Allows encrypting emails with sensitive information (ie. patient personal information that doctors within the organization share) with public certificates

I do not use so I cannot comment on the NextCloud groupware functionality (calendars, contacts, tasks). Some of the items are indeed available while others will not be.

MiaB is an amazing product for what it is intended to be however you are looking for a fully loaded Maserati whilst MiaB is more of a Toyota Camry.

(I know that my analogy sucks, but it is the best I could come up with!)

Thanks @alento. Much appreciated!

Does MiaB support mailbox signatures? Can you change the mailbox signature for all users in the domain?

How about encryption? Is it supported?

On a per-user level, so no.

Realistically, no. One could use a desktop client such as Thunderbird with the enigmail plugin … but that only covers a small portion of users/devices.

Thanks @alento for your reply.

How is restore of individual mails or complete mailboxes done in MiaB?
Is it possible to migrate user mailboxes from IMAP Cyrus to MiaB?
Is there integration between AD and MiaB?

It is not for all practical purposes. If proper backups are kept, it is possible to restore a complete mailbox rather easily, but individual emails - no.

Migrating the CONTENTS should be relatively easy using a tool such as imapsync however all 331 mailboxes will still need to be created manually via the admin panel or by utilizing the API.

No. MiaB users and authentication information is maintained in a sqlite database.

Ana,

In my first reply to you I stated that MiaB is not suitable for your requirements. That assessment has not changed.

I love Mail-in-a-Box! It is a great project. But the absolute truth is that it is not the solution for every scenario out there.

Elento,
Thanks again for reviewing my questions and for your insights. We will have to look into other products then (zibmra, modoboa…).
Best regards,
Ana