Randomly Nameserver glue records are incorrect and more

Hi to all, randomly and after the 2 latest updates of MIAB, every now and then (lets say every 3-4 months) this is reported on System Status Checks. Today it happened again, previous time I installed a new box and error still was there, now Iam not going to install again a new box but just wait. I checked with Gandi,status report was ok. I could reach the admin panel but after I rebooted the server I can reach those only with https://111.111.111.22/admin or /email.
The question is if this has to do with the MIAB or Gandi or maybe with my vps. What to do now

All system services are running.
✓	

SSH disallows password-based login.
✓	

System software is up to date.
✓	

Mail-in-a-Box is up to date. You are running version v0.26c.
✓	

System administrator address exists as a mail alias. [administrator@smtp.aaaaa.email ↦ me@smtp.aaaaa.email]
✓	

The disk has 40.07 GB space remaining.
✓	

System memory is 74% free.

Network
✓	

Firewall is active.
✓	

Outbound mail (SMTP port 25) is not blocked.
✓	

IP address is not blacklisted by zen.spamhaus.org.

smtp.aaaaa.email
✖	

Nameserver glue records are incorrect. The ns1.smtp.aaaaa.email and ns2.smtp.aaaaa.email nameservers must be configured at your domain name registrar as having the IP address 111.111.111.22. They currently report addresses of [Not Set]/[Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change.
✖	

This domain must resolve to your box's IP address (111.111.111.22) in public DNS but it currently resolves to [Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed above.
✓	

Reverse DNS is set correctly at ISP. [111.111.111.22 ↦ smtp.aaaaa.email]
?	

The DANE TLSA record for incoming mail is not set. This is optional.
✓	

Hostmaster contact address exists as a mail alias. [hostmaster@smtp.aaaaa.email ↦ administrator@smtp.aaaaa.email]
✓	

Domain's email is directed to this domain. [smtp.aaaaa.email has no MX record, which is ok]
✓	

Postmaster contact address exists as a mail alias. [postmaster@smtp.aaaaa.email ↦ administrator@smtp.aaaaa.email]
✓	

Domain is not blacklisted by dbl.spamhaus.org.
✓	

TLS (SSL) certificate is signed & valid. The certificate expires in 28 days on 04/07/18.

aaaaa.email
✓	

DNSSEC 'DS' record is set correctly at registrar.
✖	

The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently [Not Set]. Use your domain name registrar's control panel to set the nameservers to ns1.smtp.aaaaa.email; ns2.smtp.aaaaa.email.
✖	

This domain's DNS MX record is not set. It should be '10 smtp.aaaaa.email'. Mail will not be delivered to this box. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
✓	

✖	

This domain should resolve to your box's IP address (A 111.111.111.22) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

www.aaaaa.email
✖	

This domain should resolve to your box's IP address (A 111.111.111.22) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

bbbbbb.email
✓	

DNSSEC 'DS' record is set correctly at registrar.
✖	

The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently [Not Set]. Use your domain name registrar's control panel to set the nameservers to ns1.smtp.aaaaa.email; ns2.smtp.aaaaa.email.
✖	

This domain's DNS MX record is not set. It should be '10 smtp.aaaaa.email'. Mail will not be delivered to this box. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
✓	

Postmaster contact address exists as a mail alias. [postmaster@bbbbbb.email ↦ administrator@smtp.aaaaa.email]
✓	

✖	

www.bbbbbb.email
✖	

Now it’s good again without taking any action. Can anyone assist to find what was going on

This happens to me as well, I believe it’s an issue with MIAB. However it’s not actually unsetting GLUE records. It’s just a weird error.

When this was happening to me I confirmed with my registrar that my GLUE records were intact.

I just started experiencing the same issue for the first time. My setup is with Digital Ocean as the VPS and Namecheap as the domain host. Anyone have any idea on how to resolve this issue?

One good thing I gleaned from this is that I can actually access my email via [ipaddress]/mail - until now I had no way to access my email messages.

There is no issue to resolve unless MiaB persistently indicates that your glue records are incorrect, which would mean that your glue records are most likely incorrect. :wink: