Questions: 2FA, Exchange for desktop, and default Web landing page

Hello,

I have a few questions as a new mailinabox user:

1. The 2FA setup page in Nextcloud doesn’t seem to work; there’s no checkbox to enable 2FA like in the Nextcloud documentation here. Is this a known limitation of Nextcloud on mailinabox, or is something wrong with my setup?

2. Is IMAP/SMTP or Exchange ActiveSync the preferred protocol for desktop Outlook clients? I’m using the latest Outlook Office 365 version. Some older posts I found from 2018 indicate instability when using Activesync with desktop Outlook; just wondering if this is still true today? The advantage of ActiveSync is email, contacts and calendar sync using only 1 account without needing third-party Outlook plugins like the Nextcloud synchronization app.

3. Is it possible to remove the default landing page when accessing box.mydomain.com or mydomain.com (the one that says “This is a mail-in-a-box”)? I would prefer to have a blank page, or no page at all (404 Error). I think it’s better to reveal as little information as possible to casual visitors regarding what server is running. It also doesn’t look very professional, almost like something is misconfigured.

Thanks!

The 2FA setup page in Nextcloud doesn’t seem to work; there’s no checkbox to enable 2FA like in the Nextcloud documentation here. Is this a known limitation of Nextcloud on mailinabox, or is something wrong with my setup?

So yes, it’s a limitation for mailinabox default set up at the moment. You may try to upgrade php but it is likely to break Roundcube (at least).

Is IMAP/SMTP or Exchange ActiveSync the preferred protocol for desktop Outlook clients? I’m using the latest Outlook Office 365 version. Some older posts I found from 2018 indicate instability when using Activesync with desktop Outlook; just wondering if this is still true today? The advantage of ActiveSync is email, contacts and calendar sync using only 1 account without needing third-party Outlook plugins like the Nextcloud synchronization app.

Are you asking this because you facing problem or? A lot of us do not have outlook subscription so it’s tough to advise. I’m using Spark on MacOS and it supports Exchange, I set up exchange with no issues.

Is it possible to remove the default landing page when accessing box.mydomain.com or mydomain.com (the one that says “This is a mail-in-a-box”)? I would prefer to have a blank page, or no page at all (404 Error). I think it’s better to reveal as little information as possible to casual visitors regarding what server is running. It also doesn’t look very professional, almost like something is misconfigured.

If you look at your /admin page there is a Web link which you can follow the instructions there.

Thanks! Regarding Exchange, no, I’m currently not facing a problem but I’m just setting it up on all my devices now and I wanted to check whether there are known issues so I don’t end up on a wild goose chase trying to fix it if it doesn’t work.

For the default Web page, I simply renamed index.html to another extension. Problem solved - now nginx responds with 403 Forbidden.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.