Problems with admin panel

Hello. I logged in the admin panel and have multiple problems, such as:
1.The SSH server on this machine permits password-based login. A more secure way to log in is using a public key. Add your SSH public key to $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys, check that you can log in without a password, set the option ‘PasswordAuthentication no’ in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, and then restart the openssh via ‘sudo service ssh restart’.
2.A new version of Mail-in-a-Box is available. You are running version v57a. The latest version is v60.1. For upgrade instructions.
3.Nameserver glue records are incorrect. The ns1.box.(domain) and ns2.box.(domain)nameservers must be configured at your domain name registrar as having the IP address (my vps ip). They currently report addresses of [Not Set]/[Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change.
4.This domain must resolve to your box’s IP address (vps ip) in public DNS but it currently resolves to [Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed above.
5.The TLS (SSL) certificate for this domain is currently self-signed. You will get a security warning when you check or send email and when visiting this domain in a web browser (for webmail or static site hosting). Additionaly, i dont have a button “Provision” in panel, so cant do everyhting automatically.
6.The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently mike.ns.cloudflare.com; opal.ns.cloudflare.com. Use your domain name registrar’s control panel to set the nameservers to ns1.box.(my domain); ns2.box.(my domain).
7.This domain’s DNS MX record is incorrect. It is currently set to ‘5 _dc-mx.013405abb127.(my domain)’ but should be ‘10 box.(my domain)’. Mail will not be delivered to this box. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
8.This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A my ip) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to my ip; my ip in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
9.autodiscover.(my domain): This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A 104.129.171.164) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

Please help me to find the solution and explain to me which problems are significant and which are not

If this is a brand new installation, I strongly suggest you do a complete reinstall on an Ubuntu 22.04 server so that you have MIAB v60.1. MIAB v57a is not current and you won’t get much support for issues reported against that version.

That said, some of the matters being reported are typical for a new installation (except for (2) regarding the MIAB version), others are serious. Should you get similar status on a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 server with MIAV v60.1 here are some hints:

• SSH – not a serious matter – follow the instructions as root so that sshd forbids password-based authentication
  • glue records – serious, but, some registrars don’t report that glue records are set until they see that there is actually a nameserver at the IP in question. And even then, it can take 24 or more hours for the status to be visible. So, be sure that you have correctly set the glue records, and then be patient.
  • other problems – serious, but likely stem from the glue records matter

In short, be sure you have set the glue records at your domain registrar to point to your MIAB server (as per detailed instructions and videos).

He is using Cloudflare so he can not set glue records.
@yannyd0g you need to copy diligently the parameters found under external DNS on MiaB to your Cloudflare domain admin panel. This works fine with a few exceptions like DNSEC. I used this for almost a year before moving to Gandi.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.