Problem with sending email from internal machine

Dec 3 11:51:19 box postfix/submission/smtpd[2938]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from : 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [[xx.x.xxx.xxx] blocked using spamhaus; spamhausurl/[xx.x.xxx.xxx; from=<[xx.x.xxx.xxx@[xx.x.xxx.xxx> to=<[xx.x.xxx.xxx@[xx.x.xxx.xxx.com> proto=ESMTP helo=

It worked all the time until a few days ago. How can I tell miab to ignore the block in this case and just send the mail?

I tried researching this but to no avail.

I tried

Just go to spamhaus and unblock your server IP and ISP IP from where you are trying to send email from. Investigate that office / home as well - If an IP like your house or office was blacklisted by spamhaus that means a computer on your network is sending malicious emails (or general spam) and probably shouldn’t be.

It’s an private ip adress behind a router but I was able to solve it just a few minutes ago by removing spamhaus from the /etc/postfix/main.cf smtp lines.

I hope I didn’t open another can of worms with that…

Thanks anyway!

This will have huge ramifications down the road. Prepare to see a TON of spam. As for it being a private IP (LAN not WAN) try to delist @ spamhaus anyway just for shits and giggles. I’d still investigate to see why spamhaus listed the IP.

Spamhaus wont delist them as I have read in other places.

Why would you think we will see lots of spam now? All email accounts are secured with 16 char random passwords. Pretty hard to crack them.

I have investigated and they ban all private ip ranges since years because proper email servers are supposed to be dedicated IPs.

And spamhaus is only removed from SENDER checking not from RECEIVERS.

Tho I would love to know how I can just purely whitelist that one IP or IP Range.

Thanks for your Input. Highly appreciated.

Because you have disabled spam filtering.