Problem with de-Domains

Hello,

I have a MIAB server at Contabo and set up a new one with more power and a new IP. When I originally set up my MIAB servers, it was possible to assign the same IP to both name servers (ns1.mail.mybox.de and ns2.mail.mybox.de), but this is no longer possible, at least not with this de-Domains. The following error message then appears:

ERROR: 53300102912 Nameserver error [ERROR: 107 Insufficient diversity of nameserver’ s IPaddresses (expected, found) (1, 0)]

But it’s also not possible to set only one Nameserver.

Denic has a Nameserver testing website: https://nast.denic.de/

Now I mad all DNS settings manually like from MIAB recommended and everything is working, but the way MIAB works as NS is much better, is there a way to get this running?

Some top level domains require you to run at least one secondary nameserver which must be hosted on a different server / IP address than the primary nameserver. You can either set up your own: Guide: How to setup NSD as a secondary nameserver for Mail-in-a-Box

…or you can use a DNS provider that offers secondary name servers as a service, such as Setting up Secondary DNS for Mail-in-a-Box - AnyDomain LLC.

See also here: Mail-in-a-Box Setup Guide

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.