Owncloud - apps - version 8 - rainloop

Hi,
i managed to install owncloud version 8 over the preinstalled version of Mail-in-a-Box. I had to do it, because i wasn’t able to figure out the admin password for owncloud. In the install-script you use a random password

adminpassword=$(dd if=/dev/random bs=1 count=40 2>/dev/null | sha1sum | fold -w 30 | head -n 1)

And you do not grant admin rights to any other user. Therefore no one can administer the apps and settings.
I understand and agree, that you want to keep it simple, but i wanted to use rainloop instead of roundcube. roundcube is a dinosaur (quote from the roundcube blog) and the future moves toward rainloop.net, mailpile.is or whiteout.io - because of openPGP.js and others
The integration of rainloop was really easy - copy in the app folder and check “autologin with owncloud credential”.
The only lack of rainloop is, that there is only a minified version of the javascript (i want to look for tiny yellow minions in the code)
so here my questions:
a) store owncloud admin user password - now or in the future?
or grant admin rights to the first real user ?
b) opinion about rainloop integration
thank you for the nice piece of software.

Andres

a) store owncloud admin user password - now or in the future? or grant admin rights to the first real user ?

I really don’t want people mucking with the box and then asking for help here because I don’t have the mental bandwidth to provide general support for server administration.

b) opinion about rainloop integration

Rainloop is made available for non-commercial use only, so it is not an option. (I use my box for work, and I want others to do the same.)

Thanks.

We also use it for work and appreciate the fact that you have solutions we can use commercially.

2 Likes