Outlook 2016 setting up autodiscover

Can anyone tell me how to set up a working autodiscover file so Outlook 2016 can connect to MiaB as an exchange server?

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom have removed the option to manually configure an exchange server in the latest iteration.

Also, on a similar vein, while I have connected up my iPad mini, I note that when it’s set up as an exchange client, you can currently only have the From: field showing your bare email address. Is there anything I can do to change this so it shows my name?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

While I’m not sure about Autodiscover, I use the Kopano Outlook Extension. This (among other things) disables the new (useless!) config system in Outlook so that you can enter the details manually.

https://download.kopano.io/community/olextension:/

Works really well with z-push as an Exchange Activesync client.

Regarding your iPad, if you set up your name in Roundcube first (Settings, Identities) it should then show your name properly on your iPad. This worked for me, anyway.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the link to Kopano. It didn’t disable the automatic setup in Outlook itself, but what it did advise was to use the Control Panel and the Mail settings in that to add the account. That appears to work independently of the Outlook program email account setup. So the manual setup for Exchange accounts is still possible that way.

Glad you got it sorted. I hadn’t realised setting up Outlook via Control Panel bypassed the new setup menu - thanks for letting me know!

Older versions of the Kopano plugin did disable the new setup screen - maybe MS changed something so they can no longer do that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.