Only icloud bounces all emails back when sent to s**@matheina.com address

I have everything setup for my mail server, DNS looks great, emails receive/send for everyone except icloud. I can send to my icloud account, but can’t reply back. I get the below message. Has anyone seen this before?

> *From:* postmaster@mac.com <postmaster@mac.com>
> *Date:* January 1, 2017 at 1:30:14 PM CST
> *To:* s*****theina@me.com <:s*******heina@me.com>
> *Subject:* *Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed*
>
> This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:
>
>  Message-id: <25596E28-1342-4B27-A7D6-30D8A6C275D7@me.com 
> <mailto:25596E28-1342-4B27-A7D6-30D8A6C275D7@me.com>>
>  Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 13:30:12 -0600
>  From: Scott Matheina <s******ina@me.com <:s******ina@me.com>>
>  To: s***tt@matheina.com <***tt@matheina.com>
>  Subject: test
>
> Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:
>
>  Recipient address: s***tt@matheina.com <:s***tt@matheina.com>
>  Reason: Illegal host/domain name found
>

Hi Scott,

Happy new year to you.

I wonder how long you’ve had the MIAB setup?

When I first moved my domains from G Suite (prev Google Apps) to MIAB some mail services couldn’t send emails to my MIAB system. I left it a couple of days for the DNS changes to propagate and now all is well.

I wonder if this could be a similar experience.

Today is 2 days since the switch so I hope you’re right. I checked everything and my dns looks good. First time running my own mail server.

I was able to get my wifes icloud.com and my son’s icloud.com email to send to the mailinabox email account. But mine still says Illegal host/domain in the bounce back from icloud.com. I’m thinking their email is hosted on a different server than mine, which is likely, and mine might work later today. I’ll keep everyone posted, just in case this happens to someone else.

Scott

Happy to tell you, after 2 days my wifes icloud account was able to send to MIAB, and then late yesterday-3 days my icloud account was able to resolve the domain for my MIAB email. It was completely a waitinf for dns to propagate issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.