One of my domains keeps having a nameserver Not Set error in MIAB

Some of Google’s public DNS servers still don’t know about you:

dig @8.8.8.8 devoer.com --> SERVFAIL
while
dig @8.8.4.4 devoer.com --> 128.199.131.120

Test here:
https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#A/devoer.com@8.8.4.4

Super strange. Question: Did you ever host this domain on google sites? https://sites.google.com/

Both give me a SERVFAIL which is due to the problem we are trying to fix being that my MIAB nameserver cannot even find it locally let alone resolve it for others. It considers the nameservers at my registrar NotSet, but they are and have been for over a year.

No, never used google sites

AFAIK, the ssl cert for dovoer.com is still incorrect, however, the dns appears to be working just fine.

Could you try these commands and post the output?
/root/mailinabox/management/ssl_certificates.py -v dovoer.com
and
/root/mailinabox/management/status_checks.py

FWIW I ran into about the same thing this past week with MAIB on a DO vps.

After going through the process of setting up the DNS for a additional domain name and not being able to get the DNS to resolve I decided to set up an new server and go through the process again.

The only thing I can offer is that when I checked the files in “/etc/nsd/zones” there were no files for the domain name that wasn’t resolving.

In the “Custom DNS” page that domain name showed up and all the entries appeared correctly but in the “System Status Checks” the same message you got appeared: “Nameserver glue records are incorrect. The [ns1] and [ns2] nameservers must be configured at your domain name registrar as having the IP address [IP]. They currently report addresses of [Not Set]/[Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change.”

The old server was built on a 1 GB / 30 GB Disk - Ubuntu 14.04.

The new server is built on a 2 GB / 40 GB Disk - Ubuntu 14.04.

So far so good with the new server but I’ve got to set up more domain names on it so I’m not out of the woods yet.

I was experiencing the same thing with exactly the same messages. It also started months ago (yes I do notice this topic was started quite a while ago).
Isn’t this the issue you are experiencing? Please read my post over at Github to see how to solve it.

Thank you!!

I’ll bookmark that.