Number of domains supported?

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the number of domain that is supported…

Thank you.

1 Like

That’s only an educated guess, but I think there isn’t any hard limit. Maybe you may need a little more powerful server if you really use a lot of domains.

I think that your guesses would be spot on. One thing that I have observed is that the status page chokes when there are upwards of 12 domains. This is due to the timeout in Nginx though, not a limitation of the server components themselves.

If you are going to have a lot of webmail users logging in simultaneously, then you’d want higher specs.

2 Likes

I wish to add an additioanl three, how would I go about doing this?

Thank you.

It depends. Is Mail-in-a-Box going to handle the DNS for the additional domains, or not?

If NOT, simply create an email account in the admin area using the new domain. You will then need to copy the required (and recommended) entries on the External DNS page to your DNS provider.

If MiaB IS going to provide DNS for those domains, you need to change the nameservers at the domain registrar to point to your MiaB hostname. Then add the email user as mentioned above.

Unless you have set up Secondary DNS it is not recommended to do this method, as MiaB would be a single point of failure for your domain.

1 Like

I will give that a shot thank you …

If you run into any problems feel free to join the Mail-in-a-Box slack where I or others can assist you further.

https://mailinabox.email/slack

I can confirm that. In the long term, a solution for this would be nice.