Notifications@discourse.mailinabox.email bounced by my MIAB relay access denied

Howdy, attempts to change my MIAB discourse account preferences fails.

Aug  8 16:18:31 box postfix/smtpd[24101]: connect from box.occams.info[94.76.202.152]
Aug  8 16:18:32 box postfix/smtpd[24101]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from box.occams.info[94.76.202.152]: 554 5.7.1 <david@david@davidwbrown.name>: Relay access denied; from=<notifications@discourse.mailinabox.email> to=<david@david@davidwbrown.name> proto=ESMTP helo=<box.occams.info>
Aug  8 16:18:32 box postfix/smtpd[24101]: disconnect from box.occams.info[94.76.202.152]

Any ideas, suggestions, diagnostics welcomed.

It appears that the notifications are being sent to david@david@davidwbrown.name. This looks like a simple typo.

If you Mail-in-a-Box is configured to receive mail sent to davidwbrown.name your email address should be david@davidwbrown.name. If you update you email address used for your account on this site to david@davidwbrown.name you should start receiving notifications.

Very odd. My MIAB account profile email address is not david@david@davidwbrown.name or even david@davidwbrown.name.

The email address configured for my account is definitely something other what is causing the noise.

Maybe someone else has used that email address on this forum. The reason you are seeing this message in your message logs is because the email address the message is being sent to does not exist. It is also possible that the message is spoofed to make it appear as though it was sent from this forum.

If davidwbrown.name is not registered to you or setup with your Mail-in-a-Box server then things get a whole lot more interesting.

Maybe one of the forum administrators can check into why messages are being sent to that address for you.