No more arbitrary outbound spoofing - anywhere to put an exception?

With the latest version (0.11 released 29 JUNE 2015) of the best email offering in the UNIVERSE, it seems Arbitrary outbound email spoofing is now disabled.

Although I do see the necessity of having this, however, Is there some config file where I can either turn this back on, or add an exception address?

I sometimes like to send from donotreply@xxxxxxx.com and want it to bounce if they do reply, but of course now I can’t send as that email address unless I add it in as an alias, but if I do that, it won’t bounce.

Any options out there? Thank you in advance.

Same here, I badly need this for XenForo Bounce Email handling.

It seems reverting this change is doing the trick.

$ git revert -m 1 13958ba4df5ae5d2d3b368ff69681c2b5002a05c
$ mailinabox

Although I think people are working on a solution for this.

-Norman

Edited typo

I tried to run that command inside ~/mailinabox directory, I got this:

Unknown option: -m

Sorry, my bad.

git revert -m 1 13958ba4df5ae5d2d3b368ff69681c2b5002a05c

But I got this:
fatal: bad object 13958ba4df5ae5d2d3b368ff69681c2b5002a05c

I think I get it now.
I just create a repo first by this command:

git clone https://github.com/mail-in-a-box/mailinabox
cd mailinabox
git checkout v0.11b
setup/start.sh

I re-run the command and I git this:

$ git revert -m 1 13958ba4df5ae5d2d3b368ff69681c2b5002a05c
HEAD detached from v0.11b
nothing to commit, working directory clean

Meaning it’s already reverted right?
I’m sorry, for being so noob about git :|.

I could be wrong, but I think the key item that needs to be changed if you were looking for a minimal change would be the following

/etc/postfix/main.cf - Line #171

Pre-Change:

smtpd_sender_restrictions=“reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_unknown_sender_domain,reject_rhsbl_sender dbl.spamhaus.org” \

Post Change: (Change in Bold)

smtpd_sender_restrictions=“reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_unknown_sender_domain,reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch,reject_rhsbl_sender dbl.spamhaus.org” \

Full details are available here.

PortableTech: I could be wrong, but I think the key item that needs to be changed if you were looking for a minimal change would be the following

/etc/postfix/main.cf - Line #171

Pre-Change:

smtpd_sender_restrictions=“reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_unknown_sender_domain,reject_rhsbl_sender dbl.spamhaus.org” \

Post Change: (Change in Bold)

smtpd_sender_restrictions=“reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_unknown_sender_domain,reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch,reject_rhsbl_sender dbl.spamhaus.org” \

Full details are available here.

This worked 100%
Thank you!!

Glad that did it for you.

Just keep in mind, if this is not otherwise changed in the setup it will may well get turned back in if you rerun setup or when you upgrade to the next version.