Name Servers Chain

If I want to point the SOA nameserver point to another nameserver before pointing to miab, is this ok?

The reason is I have two registrar’s and about 5 of the 10 domains are split between the two.

I don’t wanna spend the money right now to transfer out of go daddy to my other registrar, I can’t afford it rn.

Can’t I just have both registrar’s point directly to CF, and add the two miab NS’s at CF?

If I do this do I need to remove all other records? Or will the duplicate entries be ignored…

Thanks -Jeremy

No

So?

Why do you think that you even need to do so?

Huh??? What does CF have to do with anything?

I am not sure what you are even proposing as it sounds so preposterous.

Alright, so i guess my next question is, why does cloud flare have an option to add a nameserver if they are not a registrar?

Check their docs, as they explain pretty much everything, but my guess is to assign nameservers for delegation of subdomains.

You can even do this in the MiaB dashboard.

CloudFlare is many things. A DNS provider, a CDN, a proxy service, etc.

If you are talking about CloudFlare Registrar, it would be helpful if you said such. Normally when one mentions CloudFlare, they are talking about DNS service.

Now, the problem with CloudFlare Registrar is that you have no choice but to use their DNS, so a domain registered through CloudFlare would not be suitable to be the domain that hosts your MiaB. Maybe this helps?

Again though, I am quite convinced that you are not articulating exactly what it is that you want to do, so please elaborate …

I also do not believe that you realize that you do not need to use MiaB as the name servers for the domains that you are hosting.

So, explain what the end goal is here and we can help you achieve it.

You do not have to transfer domains to a particular registrar to use MiaB for email.
You do not have to have MiaB serve DNS for your domains which your MiaB handles email.

You do not have to transfer domains to a particular registrar to use MiaB for email.
You do not have to have MiaB serve DNS for your domains which your MiaB handles email.

Ok, I will check the doc’s. I only watched the video.