Multiple IP Setup Roundrobin

Has anyone setup multiple IPs in postfix? Making sure that changing aster.cf etc… won’t break anything that was setup with mailinabox.

Before anyone asks me why I would need to setup multiple IPs and round robin them, I will explain. Because there are a few posts here, where people seem to not comprehend why someone would, or they think postfix can’t deal with it.

Which they are wrong on both counts…

My email list is around 40k over the years. I have written different web applications, plugins, desktop software etc… that has sold thousands of copies.

So my email list is 100% customers, etc…

Sometimes we will do affiliate promotions to the list. If the relay provider doesn’t like what you are sending, it doesn’t matter what your complain percentages are, what your bounce rates are, etc…

I’ve been kicked off of places with a .002% complain and a 97% delivery before.

So after a few rounds of that crap, they can go screw themselves. The people on my list, want and expect to see those emails for certain reasons. Which is why my complaints are so incredibly low. Not to mention, they are all customers. Frankly, I control my mailings, they do not, and should not. Unless they were the ones that put in the massive amount of hours I have since 2008 to build that list.

So I setup mailinabox… which is great. It definitely can handle 40k lists just fine.

I use Mautic for the list management, marketing automation side of things…

The problem occurs with Yahoo, Hotmail, etc…

While they do not blacklist my single IP, they hinder delivery. It takes me 24 to 36 hours to send out 40k emails, because they will bounce them back because of too many from the IP within a certain time frame. Not the domain, but the IP. If I send out emails in batches of 32 a minute, they will get bounced back… even 16 a minute… a lot will end up caught in that issue.

I need to cut that time down to around 4 hours… So I now have 21 IP addresses… with everything setup correctly outside of postfix. I will set it up to do about 14 a minute, which I will configure to work out to 294 per minute. Which will give me about 17k per hour…

But… I just wanted to see if anyone saw any issue with anything that maininabox sets up initially, that might have an issue?

Guess no one tried it… So, just FYI… doesn’t seem to break anything from miab.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.