Multiple erros. Using digitalocean-com (box) + gandi-net (registrar)

I am puzzled. Here are some of the issues I am getting, and I don’t know what to do. I can get down to two errors (1 and 4 below) if I use gandi-net’s DNS. I am stuck.

1. Outbound mail (SMTP port 25) seems to be blocked by your network. You will not be able to send any mail. Many residential networks block port 25 to prevent hijacked machines from being able to send spam. A quick connection test to Google’s mail server on port 25 failed.

2. Nameserver glue records are incorrect. The ns1-my-phoenixmt-org and ns2. my. phoenixmt .org nameservers must be configured at your domain name registrar as having the IP address 111.111.11.111. They currently report addresses of [Not Set]/[Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change.

3. This domain must resolve to this box’s IP address (111.111.11.111) in public DNS but it currently resolves to [Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed above.

4)The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently [Not Set]. Use your domain name registrar’s control panel to set the nameservers to ns1. my. example .org; ns2. my. example. org;

1. www-my-example-org: This domain should resolve to this box’s IP address (A 111.111.11.111) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

2. autoconfig-my-example-org: This domain should resolve to this box’s IP address (A 111.111.11.111) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

3. autodiscover-my-example-org: This domain should resolve to this box’s IP address (A 111.111.11.111) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

did you go though the setup guide? Mail-in-a-Box Setup Guide

1. Digital ocean blocks port 25. You can ask them politely (Open a ticket) something in the vein of: I am a developer and I am testing my apps smtp deliverability. I hereby confirm that I an not a bulk sender and I will not send unsolicited mail. I intend to send an avarage of 10 messages per day. Please unblock my Outbound port 25 for both IPV4 and IPV6.

Otherwise use a relay. There are guides in this forum how to setup a relay.

1. Your glue records need to propagate, usually 24 hours after you set the glue records with your registrant. A>ns1.box NS>ns1.box.yourdomain.tld. Check the propagation here https://dnschecker.org/

Yes, I did. I got down to two errors again. 1 and 4 listed above.

Thank you for the tip.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.