Much-Deserved Kudos

Since forums dedicated to open source tools seem to contain nothing but problem reports and complaints, I thought I would offer some kudos instead.

So I managed to get MIAB installed last night with no issues. The only complications were due to my domain
registrar’s (Namecheap) confusing interface for setting up glue records. It took an embarrassingly long time to figure that out. The wait for everything to percolate through DNS didn’t help, and at one point I was worried because a tool for checking on DNS reported everything as fine, but the MIAB status page disagreed. A bit of patience and everything began to work. At first, GMail was spamming everything it received from the new domain, but it began to work over-night.

Nothing that I can really complain about. Everything just seems to work.

After doing a bit of reading into the alternatives, I see no reason to try any of the competition. MIAB looks like the best of the bunch.

And an extra kudo for mentioning the XYZ top-level domain in the install documentation and video. No longer will I hesitate to buy a domain for demo purposes.

8 Likes

Thanks @Mark, and thanks to everyone that’s been helping out here on the discussion forum and on github. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes I have been running MIAB for almost a year now and absolutely love it. I have tinkered with other all-in-one options iredmail etc… but nothing is better in my opinion, sure some of them look prettier but for working reliably I don’t think you could go past it. I originally came to try MIAB due to email deliverability issues when hosting with Godaddy, I do not regret the change.

Keep it up.

2 Likes

Just using this thread to also offer positive words.

I’ve been using OSX Server for a long time and with Apple no longer supporting this (as of now) I’ve been looking at a number of alternatives. MailInABox was one that I originally found, however I discounted it (older version of Ubuntu for one) .

After having tried other solutions (each with differing problems for me) and not really had much success, I decided to give it a try.

Downloaded 0.28 and installed and it just worked! Now if only I could get back some of that time that I wasted with the alternatives…

www.gandi.net when you are ready.

Agreed I have played with so many different control panels and this one just works it is the best in my opinion and full kudos to @JoshData