Move to new box > all domains missed

Hello.
Today I moved my old box to an new one.
I followed all instructions and everything runs fine without any issues.
But now when I login to the dashboard, only the main domain is available. All backups and restore from the old box is missing in the new system.

I check the folder “/home/user-data/mail/mailboxes” and there are all domains available.

But not under the dashboard.

Any tips how to get my domains and mails back?

Cheers
Bee

A bit out of my area of expertise, but that sounds like the backup did not restore the database properly.
When you say that “only the main domain is available” what does that mean exactly? Are all of your mailboxes on the main domain there? Or did you not have any mailboxes on the main domain?

My best recommendation would be to restore from backup, again.

I figured it out.
My data folder is on an 2nd harddisc (/storage/) but I did an copy&paste from the instructions - so, the backup was restored to /home/user-data/ and not /storage/.

At the moment I do the 3rd clean reinstall of the server and hope, everything will work after it’s finished.

Restore was successful.

But after starting of “sudo mailinabox” I got following error and the process is stopped:

Updating system packages…
Installing system packages…
Initializing system random number generator…
Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
Creating initial SSL certificate and perfect forward secrecy Diffie-Hellman parameters…
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/storage/ssl/ssl_certificate.pem’: File exists

So you are using the environment variable STORAGE_ROOT ?

i.e.

export STORAGE_ROOT=/storage/

before you start the install script??

… anyways … do this.

delete the CONTENTS of the /storage/ssl/ directory (contents only, not the directory itself)

sudo /mailinabox/management/ssl_certificates.py (adjust path as needed)

sudo mailinabox

After unlink the pem file (sudo unlink ssl_certificate.pem), I start it again.

Mail-in-a-Box Version: v0.41

Updating system packages…
Installing system packages…
Initializing system random number generator…
Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
Creating initial SSL certificate and perfect forward secrecy Diffie-Hellman parameters…
Installing nsd (DNS server)…
Installing Postfix (SMTP server)…
Installing Dovecot (IMAP server)…
doveconf: Warning: SSLv2 not supported by OpenSSL. Please consider removing it from ssl_protocols.
Installing OpenDKIM/OpenDMARC…
Installing SpamAssassin…
Installing Nginx (web server)…
Installing Roundcube (webmail)…
Installing Nextcloud (contacts/calendar)…

There is already another error message:

doveconf: Warning: SSLv2 not supported by OpenSSL. Please consider removing it from ssl_protocols.

and than the process stops again:

FAILED: sudo -u www-data php /usr/local/lib/owncloud/console.php app:disable firstrunwizard

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file in /usr/local/lib/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:64
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/lib/owncloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(992): OC\DB\Connection->connect()

Yes, I set the path.
I give already up. It takes me a whole day to try to get it working - but it’s not possible.

Something is not right here … I am having an similar problem after following my own advice on another server. I just came back to delete my advice, and see that you had already followed it.

But … your error is completely different than what I am experiencing. Your present error is an issue with the sqlite database.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.