Migrating from Gmail - Duplicates

I am migrating my email. So far 5Gb of Gmail mail has grown to 54Gb on my linux server. There is clearly a duplicate issue. Is there a tool to check for duplicates?

What are you using to migrate the messages?

Just dragging them across in Apple Mail on Mac. I am coming to the conclusion that they are copying not moving even though the application says its moving them!

Don’t forget to export your calendar and contacts

(see: Export your Google calendar - Google Calendar Help and Export, back up, or restore contacts - Computer - Contacts Help) respectively

Imports happen for contacts in roundcube webmail:

1. Log in to Roundcube. (full email address) and password
  2. Click Contacts.
  3. Click the Import icon.
  4. Click Choose Files, and then select the file to import.
  5. To replace the existing address book contacts, select the Replace the entire address book check box.
  6. Click Import. Roundcube imports the contacts file. If you have a lot of contacts this might take a few minutes.

http://yourserver.yourdomain.tld/cloud login with your full email address and password:

Import a Calendar (Using the Calendar app — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation)

If you want to transfer your calendar and their respective events to your Nextcloud instance, importing is the best way to do so.

1. Click on the settings-icon labeled with Settings & Import at the left-bottom.
  2. After clicking on + Import Calendar you can select one or more calendar files from your local device to upload.
  3. The upload can take some time and depends on how big the calendar you import is.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.