Miab stored at Office Datacenter (Public IP / Internal IP settings)

Hello,

hope you are all good despite of this Covid context.

I have already 2 MAIB servers on 1 Provider hosted on Cloud Provider and it works very well.

However, at office i have my own little datacenter, my professional ISP (under Fiber) permits to personalize Reverse DNS, does not block SMTP protocol.
Of course my Public IP is fixed.

Starting today, DNS replication are effective, my reverse DNS is well set.
ping box.domain.tld gives correctly the public good addresse @IP
nslookup personal public @IP gives correctly box.domain.tld

My wish is to host at office one of my MAIB server hosted today on cloud Provider.
why ? Better maintenance without additinal costs, better privacy too (all is at office).
All conditions are there to proceed.

How could i set Ubuntu server, so that MIAB does not see internal @IP 192.168.x.x, but Public IP ?

Many thanks to all for your precious help that could guide to finalize this installation according my need and wish :slight_smile: .

Best regards
François

When I was testing out something similar found there was 2 routes:

1. have your MIAB behind the router and forward all the relevant ports (see check status for all the complaints about ports blocked and setup forwarding in your router).
  2. put your MIAB in the “DMZ” (ie exposed to internet) if your router supports it.

Theoretically 2nd is less secure but heck folks run MIAB on VPS servers not hidden behind NAT so I think it is fine.

1 Like

hello,

thanks for your feedback but my problem is not there.
My problem is that on Admin Page, System Staus Checks are saying :

1. Nameserver glue records are incorrect. The ns1.mail.monemail.net and ns2.mail.monemail.net nameservers must be configured at your domain name registrar as having the IP address 192.168.x.x. They currently report addresses of [Not Set]/[Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change
    -> i should see IP public address, not internal Address

2. This domain must resolve to your box’s IP address (192.168.x.x / 2a01:e0a:198:xx:x:x:x) in public DNS but it currently resolves to Public @IP / [Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed above.

How to solve this ?
do you have to add a second NIC on my ubuntu server and set it with my both Public IPv4 and IPv6 Adresses ?

Best regards
François

Just use external DNS; you’ll keep the glue record messages, but it’s not a problem.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.