MIAB is received as spamm at gmail and is totally blocked at microsoft

Hello to all,
I run a MIAB installation for about 6 months now to check how stable and how possible is to get out of gmail. Seems rock solid and managed succesfully to import settings and emails to a new box(this was a crash test). Documentation is rather insufficient, incomplete and complicatedthough but this is something I can blame myself,saying that I haven’t contributed to that yet.

One thing wont let me go totally to MIAB is that microsoft blocks sending emails to hotmail,outlook etc.
google sends my emails to spamm folder even though I have vefified my domains to google postmaster.

The server is at Scaleway, my IP is not black-listed, System Status Checks are all fine (green), domain is hosted at Gandi.net with glue records and DNSSEC setup properly.

This is what I get when I send to outlook.com
This is the mail system at host smtp.sssssssssss.yyy.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

                   The mail system

<giorgosvoulg@outlook.com>: host

    outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[] said: 550 5.7.1

    Unfortunately, messages from sss.dd.aaa.ee weren't sent. Please contact

    your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block

    list (AS3140). You can also refer your provider to

    http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. (in reply to MAIL

    FROM command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.sssssssssss.yyy

X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 818534021A

X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; giorgos@sssssssssss.yyy

Arrival-Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:11:01 +0200 (CEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; giorgosvoulg@outlook.com

Original-Recipient: rfc822;giorgosvoulg@outlook.com

Action: failed

Status: 5.7.1

Remote-MTA: dns; outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [sss.dd.aaa.ee]

    weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of

    their network is on our block list (AS3140). You can also refer your

    provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

What is next now? What is the way to get out of this?

Thanx in advance for any replies

It looks like Microsoft has blocked email from the servers where your MIAB is hosted due to an IP address range blacklist.

I’ve had the same problem with some destinations that run their own internal blacklist. MX-Toolbox blacklist check shows my server is 100% OK, but there’s at least one ISP that blocks my IP address range at Vultr.

I believe there are only two ways around this: Contact Microsoft and Google (good luck!) and have them ease up on your IP address block (maybe Scaleway can help with this), or switch to a different host.

Well I registered for a microsoft email account and through Smart Network Data Services program https://postmaster.live.com/snds/ (SNDS) I applied to ease my IP. They replied next day with a serial of emails last email is this:

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation. 
Conditionally mitigated
 investigation has determined that the above IP(s) qualify for 
conditional mitigation. These IP(s) have been unblocked, but may be 
subject to low daily email limits until they have established a good 

Please note that mitigating this issue does not guarantee that your email will be delivered to a user's inbox.

Ongoing complaints from users will result in removal of the mitigation.

Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.

 you feel your issue is not yet resolved, please reply to this email and
 one of our support team members will contact you for further 

Regardless of the deliverability 
status, Outlook.com recommends that all senders join two free programs 
that provide visibility into the Outlook.com traffic on your sending 
IP(s), the sending IP reputation with Outlook.com and the Outlook.com 
user complaint rates. 

Today I tested to sent to outlook and to hotmail and was successful

About google it seems some times my emailing goes to spamm and some other times reaches inbox

I advice all who are having the same problem(microsoft) to read and follow the above links instructions

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.