MIAB failure on Linode

I installed MIAB in a new Ubuntu 18.04 system on a fresh Linode.

I had a local NextCloud folder with too much in it. While there was still space available, in the web interface I deleted a subfolder that would have taken all the available space. I got a number of error messages showing a failure to delete many of the files. In addition, I deleted the local excess subfolder; my local NextCloud folder is now 1.9Gb.

When I displayed the System Status page, it showed no space available.

I logged in to the Linode. The console showed 100% usage of the root filesystem.

The MIAB admin page showed

System
:heavy_multiplication_x: Postgrey is not running (port 10023).
:heavy_multiplication_x: Public DNS (nsd4) is not running (port 53).
SSH disallows password-based login.
System software is up to date.
Mail-in-a-Box is up to date. You are running version v0.50.
System administrator address exists as a mail alias. [administrator@box.siriusmaritime.us ↦ kevin@siriusmaritime.us]
:heavy_multiplication_x: The disk has 0.00 GB space remaining.
System memory is 60% free.

I cannot SSH to the box. I haven’t tried to screw with this myself. I’ll forward any information you believe might help fix it.

Please let me know what you believe may be useful. I’ll wait before destroying the Linode and starting over.

Kevin

What about your data? If it is inconsequential, then start over, but if, like most, you need that data (emails especially) then you’ll need to use a rescue environment to delete some files and give yourself some space so that ssh, etc. will function.

The data I have is inconsequential.
I wanted to supply any information that might help developers fix what was wrong.

1 Like

In this case, there would be none as the issue is not an actual issue with MiaB itself, and thus is not one that would be fixed by the developers.