MiaB can't send but can receive. Error 550 SC-001

Hello MiaB

I received the following error below when trying to send in hotmail (well also in gmail it doesn’t work)

xxxx@live.com: host mx2.hotmail.com[65.55.33.119] said: 550 SC-001
(COL004-MC5F36) Unfortunately, messages from 93.xxx.xxx.xxx weren’t sent.
Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network
is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to
http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. (in reply to MAIL
FROM command)

But I can receive emails. I followed completely the whole instruction. I am running in KVM

Are you on a dynamic IP address? That won’t work. Lots of providers these days block SMTP from dynamic IP addresses out of hand and there is basically nothing you can do. VPS providers such as digitalocean can give you a static IP for a new miab instance.

If you’re certain you’re not on a dynamic IP, then you’ve had some bad luck - whomever controlled your IP in the past used it for nefarious purposes. You’ll need to work with the abuse team at the provider where you’re blocked to get removed from their blocklist.

A good place to start is by checking to see if your domain/IP is on a DNS blacklist: http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist

No I am not using a dynamic IP and my IP is clean and not blacklisted. I am using a VPS instance from a hosting provider from Netherlands :smile:

Then you’ll just have to throw yourself at the mercy of their abuse team. Start by sending a polite message to abuse@live.com, asking to be removed from their block list.

If that doesn’t get you anywhere, your only other option is to get a new IP for your VPS from your hosting provider and get all of your DNS updated.

I can’t also send email to gmail and other email providers

Each provider has its own abuse personnel with whom you’ll need to interact. The specific errors provided should give you:

1. The reason you were blocked
  2. What to do or who to contact to resolve the block

Most of the time, there is a team or person who responds from the abuse@ email address, and it’s a good spot to start.