Mediawiki on Mailinabox

Has anyone got Mediawiki running on a MiaB server? Will it get nerfed when rerunning mailinabox.sh? Should I bother trying? :stuck_out_tongue: (I have no experience with nginx other than MiaB…)

It’s not recommended to install a MySQL server but you could, then install media wiki to /home/user-data/www/example.com/

also, you need to enable the php config:

/home/user-data/www/example.com.conf

index index.php;
  location ~* \.php$ {
      include fastcgi_params;
      fastcgi_pass php-fpm;
      fastcgi_index index.php;
}

Please note: this is NOT A SUPPORT MODIFICATION TO THE BOX. You will get LIMITED HELP from the forum for doing this.

Thanks, but actually, I think Mediawiki uses MariaDB by default, not MySQL. At least that’s what it looked like to me when I installed it in a VM, I don’t have much experience with sysadminning a wiki.

IIRC MariaDB is a fork of MySQL … probably safe to use the terms interchangeably (in this context) — so if MariaDB is preferred, use it. :slight_smile:

Yeah I’ve heard that MariaDB is more secure. Why is it not recommended? Will rerunning MiaB setup wipe the database or wreck permissions or something? Or simply b/c it’s an extra attack vector? Mediawiki setup recommends to disable remote access to the db anyhow.