Mailinabox upgrade 0.65->0.66 roundcube web page returns 500

I just upgraded mailinabox to a latest version (0.65 to 0.66)
admin page works as expected and stats are all green
however roundcube page returns 500 currently unable to handle this request.
why?

Hi
Forgive me I may not have understood your issue, but surely if you can access the admin page Roundcube must be working, is it when you try and use it as a user?

I’m just about to do the same upgrade after backing everything up, I’ll get back to you and let you know how it went.

Cheers

Hi again

Ok have just updated 65 to 66 without any issues.

Found this on “Hubspot” it may help:

Potential Causes of a 500 Internal Server Error

A 500 internal server error is, as the name implies, a general problem with the website’s server. More than likely, this means there’s an issue or temporary glitch with the website’s programming.

Some potential causes of a 500 internal server error include:

Corrupted or Broken .Htaccess File

A .htaccess file is a text file with important server instructions. These instructions tell your software to enable or disable specific functions. They might help you protect passwords in a directory or restrict user access.

There are many ways to corrupt a .htaccess file. It can happen during plugin installation, file configuration, or while you are working on your server.

A Permissions Error

Permission errors come with file protection. Permissions errors might be bugs, user mistakes, or networking problems. Usually, this error means that the user isn’t allowed to perform the action they’re trying.

Faulty Third-Party Plugins or Themes

To increase user features and functionality, you might add a third-party theme or plugin to your website. These plugins can be great for your site, but they can also impact site security, bugs, and performance.

These plugins and themes are often created by individuals or small groups. This can be challenging because they may need more time to address bug fixes and vulnerabilities.

Exceeding the PHP Memory Limit

PHP is a server-side scripting language embedded in HTML. PHP is for managing content, databases, session tracking, and more. Each PHP process uses memory, and your hosting account has a limit for each one of these processes.

If a website needs more than this memory limit, you may see an HTTP 500 error.

yes you are correct. user page was not working

oh thanks a lot. that information helped.
Found out that roundcubemail/plugins/carddav had wrong owner root:www-data
chwon -R root:root carddav solved the issue

Hey no problem glad its all up and running.

Enjoy the holidays

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.