Mailinabox.mobileconfig

My goal is to edit this file so it only contains the automatic setup for mail (not contacts or calendar).

I have tested editing this and can easily make the change but need a little bit of help.
I cant find the file location in the file system…

Is it autogenerated? Any Advice would be great. I love the feature but want to remove a few options to make is simpler for some of my family…

Found it!

Directory is:
/home/ubuntu/mailinabox/conf

File is:
ios-profile.xml

Notes:
I would highly recommend making a backup and testing this first. (Use your mac to edit and confirm it works).
You will need to use su to replace the file contents.

So. I celebrated too early.

Still looking but even with a reboot, it serves the original file. I am guessing that at some point it must run a script to convert ios-profile.xml to the mailinabox.mobileconfig

Anyone have any ideas?

Just edit the mailinabox.mobileconfig you downloaded in a text editor and then publish it on your website. You can publish it by going to /home/user-data/www/default/ and it would be served at domain.tld/mailinabox.mailconfig

Also, This is an unsupported modification.

Thanks for the input. I ended up making a new file with touch and then editing in the results I needed.

I did need to change the name as using the default name results in the default file being served.
eg something else.mobileconfig

Ah alright glad you got it fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.