Mailbox Quota Urgently needed

I’ve seen a lot of people asking for this feature, but most of the threads either get closed or the lead developer tells them more pressing issues need fixing first. This has been going on since as far back as 2013 from what I’ve read so far.

Personally, I love mail-in-a-box , but it’s development is inflexible. The features being asked for are all standard in mainstream email providers, 2fa, quotas, etc…

Quotas is a much urgently needed update , imho. Is it coming any time soon ?

Never needed at my side then not tested & used but, there is a fork available for that as told at Quotas Implementation

1 Like

Thank you for that answer the link. If I fork that repository , I’ll no longer receive updates from the main developers ? I just assumed that , I may be wrong :slight_smile:

I think you will need to assume that its maintainer @jrsupplee is keeping an eye on it and updating his fork (with quotas support) to latest, at least, several days after a new official Mail-in-a-Box version is released.

1 Like

Thanks again for your replies Just4t. I understand now.

Can’t wait until this is merged with the master repository :slight_smile:

Do not hold your breath. I suspect that quota’s will never be offered by MiaB.

@jrsupplee’s fork works perfectly. He has maintained it through several versions now, so I have no reason to believe that he will stop. If he should, it is possible to revert back to the original MiaB release.

1 Like

Not sure when and if quotas will be added to the main repository. I submitted a pull request about six months ago but have not heard anything.

However, like @alento said, you can revert from the quota implementation any time you want.

I think that don’t have the quotas information is better that having it but in a unussable mode (like one year ago).

I have this workaround to do it. In terminal:

sudo su
cd /home/user-data/mail/mailboxes/yourdomain.com
du -sh *

This comand will generate a list with the size of the mailboxes.

you can copy the list and paste it in notepad. Replace all the spaces with “;” and save it in “txt” format. Then import it in excel.

Yes… you can spend 8 minutes of your time doing all this, but this is something that you don’t need to do all days.

And i think that i read in this forum that there is a beta of this implementation somewhere ¿isn’t it? I think that if you need urgently this feature you can ask to an administrator or developer and i suppose that you can be a beta-tester (i suppose).

Your solution only determines the size of each user’s mailbox, it does not implement quotas.

If you want quotas you will have to use my fork of the main repository or implement it yourself

This topic was automatically closed after 61 days. New replies are no longer allowed.