Mail-in-a-Box using CloudFlare's DNS

I have a Mail-in-a-Box set up but my domain is already using CloudFlare’s nameservers. I want use it instead of the DNS Mail-in-a-Box offers.I am having the following warnings on my box’s admin page.

1. The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently igor.ns.cloudflare.com; zara.ns.cloudflare.com. Use your domain name registrar's control panel to set the nameservers to ns1.mail.example.com; ns2.mail.example.com.

2. For example.com:
    This domain should resolve to your box's IP address (A 123.45.678.9) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to 104.28.24.243; 104.28.25.243 in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

3. For www.example.com
    This domain should resolve to your box's IP address (A 123.45.678.9 ) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to 104.28.24.243; 104.28.25.243 in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

Also DNSSEC is not set. CloudFlare has its own DNSSEC. Is it ok to use it?

FYI, 104.28.24.243; 104.28.25.243 are the ips for the CloudFlare nameservers.

At the moment my emails are working but I am not sure if everything is ok with the issues mentioned.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Ignore this warnings. All is about ns servers, but you want to use external dns, so ok. And if your website is not hosted on mailinabox, its ok too. No problems.

1 Like

Thank you, I really appreciate it :sweat_smile:. How about using CloudFlare’s DNSSEC, any idea please?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.