Is OwnCloud a mess?

So, it seems OwnCloud has been creating a lot of headaches for you @JoshData

Have you been considering alternatives or other solutions.

Just wondering here.

Yes, he is replacing owncloud (thank god). Probably with SabreDAV, as said in this thread :

Cool! Never even saw that.

I really need to learn how GitHub works. I stay away from it because I think I’m afraid of it.

I read OwnCloud seems to be a mess for the devs but I would gladly donate money on behalf of Mail-in-a-Box to @JoshData’s fave charity to keep a simple Mail-in-a-Box user-to-OwnCloud-user connection on the same server similar to how it is today. I really like the fact that I can do more than just mail with my fresh DO 30GB server and all the great securely setup configurations Josh has provided for us. I didn’t know of OwnCloud before MiaB and now I love it & depend on it over the other boxes. Thanks again for all the hardwork and providing MiaB — & for considering this feature.

Also, I didn’t get to say thank you for the reply to my other post before it closed so thank you again.

This topic was automatically closed after 61 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

@K87RRR6r6 Thanks. I don’t know what the future will be for ownCloud in Mail-in-a-Box. Right now I’m too busy to make a big change. But any change will likely be to make Mail-in-a-Box simpler, so that it’s easier to make sure it runs correctly. You can always set up ownCloud running on a a separate server.

(This thread got automatically closed. Feel free to open a new thread to continue.)