IONOS + Ubuntu 22.04.1 + Miab v60.1 installation failure

Hello crazySpaniard,

On a related note I had the same issue and changing dnssec-validation to ‘yes’ also resolved it for me. I just left the value at yes. Do you see any issues with leaving the setting at yes?

Mike

Hello Michael,
on my side, i waited for MIAB Status Checks was all green and i set back this setting to “auto”.
i did not observe any problem since.

Best Regards
François

Hello Michael,

I am not an expert on DNSSEC, but my guess is that, if setting it to ‘yes’ before installing MiaB does work, that would be, for security reasons, a better option than my initial suggestion of setting it to ‘no’. So… if ‘yes’ works, I’d recommend setting it to ‘yes’, and change to ‘no’ only if MiaB install fails due to DNS resolution issues, and try again.

Said that:

1. After install I would anyway revert it to the default ‘auto’. I do not know if leaving it as ‘yes’ or ‘no’ has unintended consequences. Again, I am no DNSSEC expert. After install, I would try ‘auto’, ‘yes’, ‘no’, in that order.

2. It puzzles me that both ‘yes’ or ‘no’ seem to work during install, but ‘auto’ (i.e., an option sometimes equivalent to ‘yes’, sometimes to ‘no’) does not. Perhaps it depends on the behaviour of the external DNS server that the VPS connects to?

1 Like