Invalid dkim signature /(OpenSSL error: bad base64 decode)

Hello,

i recently setup my mailbox. Im using namecheap for my domain / dns entries.
I inserted everything on the site there. Sadly im getting this error on the
dkim checker site. (http://dkimvalidator.com/).

Can someone help me or tell me what i might done wrong? Also i would like
to know if its possible to use the box only for my mail and use another host for
my website etc?

Error Code:

Validating Signature

result = invalid
Details: public key: OpenSSL error: bad base64 decode

Best regards,

Kay

1 Like

The box is designed to handle your DNS. At namecheap you’d setup glue records to denote the 2 nameservers internal to your box:

ns1.box.yourdomain.com
ns2.box.yourdomain.com

Once the DNS propogates, your box would be serving the appropriate values.

If you want to use namecheap as your DNS, and this is what you intend, my guess is you have the wrong values somewhere. You’d capture the correct values to use under the System → External DNS page on your admin screen. Specifically, it’s the record that looks something like:

mail._domainkey.yourdomain.com

On your other question. Yes, you can setup an A record in the Customer DNS section of the admin screen. The A record should point to the IP of your host/website. Then the box will serve the right DNS for your website and visitors will be seeing the content hosted somewhere other than the box.

1 Like

Hello,

thank you for your answer! Well i inserted every info i get from the System -> External DNS page.
But this still doesn’t work. I also waited about 24 hours. Do i have to set my box dns server or is that
not necessary?

Also i got a second question, maybe you can help me with this… I would like to add a new alias but
it wont work via the webinterface because its not a normal email adresse. its more like a mailgate
command call… something like /bin/script/myscript.sh … etc. I thought the box would use sqlite3?
But it seems like there are no tables in it.

Best regards,
Kay

If you’re using external DNS then you don’t need to bother with DNS settings on the box. I’d say you’ve got something wrong on the namecheap interface. The DKIM record can be very long and sometimes has to be broken up into multiple strings.

You can find the sqlite3 database in /home/user-data/mail/users.sqlite
You will find two tables in it: users and aliases
I’m not sure you’ll be able to have that script execute though. If I understand you, it would be like piping the mail to that command as you do in a postfix aliases file. Not sure the box would support this but others may have ideas.

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for the tip with the “long string”. I checked what the dkim checker got back from the TXT record.
It is only half of the string. I now used (“stringfirst” “stringlast”) to get the whole string in the record.

Best regards,

Kay

EDIT: I just updated the DNS to the box’es. Its much better now … i didn’t know that its even better than
using the namecheap panel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.