Installing Mail-in-a-Box system management daemon... FAILED: /usr/local/lib/mailinabox/env/bin/pip install --upgrade pip ----------------------------------------- setup/functions.sh: line 19: /usr/local/lib/mailinabox/env/bin/pip: No such file or directo

i get this error when i install mailinabox

I have the same issue. Fighting with it the whole day.
It looks this one is the same Someone help me fix this problem ive been Stuck for days in it

Something is definitely broken in the installer. I assumed maybe Hetzner (hoster) ha some modifications in Ubuntu image. Switched to the Digital Ocean. The problem stays.

The problem is that the bin/ dir is missing:
$ ls -lha /usr/local/lib/mailinabox/env
total 24K
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4.0K Nov 28 00:28 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Nov 28 00:28 …
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 40 Nov 28 00:28 .gitignore
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Nov 28 00:28 lib
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4.0K Nov 28 00:28 local
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 207 Nov 28 00:28 pyvenv.cfg

I created the symb link to local/bin. Setup went forward but at the step of entering email it stuck.
It says the email_validator module is not found (But it is installed in both systemwide and virtual env).
Not sure what else can be done.

It seems the issue is described on Github Installation script is failing on ubuntu 22.04 · Issue #2335 · mail-in-a-box/mailinabox · GitHub (No solution yet)

Send me your telegram or anything we can contact each other if one of us found a solution can tell the other

So, for those following along, this topic is also being discussed in github:

Installation script is failing on ubuntu 22.04 #2335

Not sure why this is happening to some users now, but it might be a new issue that’s affecting new installs. I’ve posted a possible solution in the github discussion, but not sure because I have no way to test it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.