Installation errors

This is a brand new setup on a clean fresh install of ubuntu 14.04 x64. The install was going swimmingly when i got the first error.

Installing Munin (system monitoring)...
No module named '_cffi_backend'<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.  Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.</p>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "management/ssl_certificates.py", line 803, in <module>
    provision_certificates_cmdline()
  File "management/ssl_certificates.py", line 446, in provision_certificates_cmdline
    status = provision_certificates(env, agree_to_tos_url=agree_to_tos_url, logger=my_logger, force_domains=force_domains, show_extended_problems=show_extended_problems)
  File "management/ssl_certificates.py", line 266, in provision_certificates
    import acme.messages
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/acme/messages.py", line 5, in <module>
    from acme import challenges
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/acme/challenges.py", line 9, in <module>
    import OpenSSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import crypto, SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.py", line 12, in <module>
    from cryptography import x509
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/x509/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from cryptography.x509 import certificate_transparency
ImportError: cannot import name 'certificate_transparency'

After this the installation continued and asked for passwords that’s when I got the second error:

Okay. I'm about to set up kelly@ravensnesthc.com for you. This account will also
have access to the box's control panel.
password:
 (again):
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<p>The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.  Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.</p>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

I’m installing this on linode virtual machine. What do I need to do to get this fixed and the system working?

I also got these warnings during setup:

Installing nsd (DNS server)...
Generating DNSSEC signing keys...
WARN: uid is 0 but '/' is owned by 107
Installing Postfix (SMTP server)...
Installing Dovecot (IMAP server)...
Creating new user database: /home/user-data/mail/users.sqlite
Installing OpenDKIM/OpenDMARC...
Installing SpamAssassin...
Installing Nginx (web server)...
Installing Roundcube (webmail)...

Please search the forums before posting, this poster here had the same issue (according to errors) you have. Solution in there.

I did do a search and did not see that topic, I am sorry I didn’t. Thank you for linking it to me it did fix the issue.

1 Like

Glad it helped! :smiley: Sorry if I sounded rude, was mobile at the time and didn’t have a lot of time to type :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.