Install with a lot of DNS records on Linode

Hello,

This is the first time I install mail in a box and I feel like I have to remove the NS Record of Linode.

My domain has been registred on Gandi. net where I added the needed blue records:

I have configured Gandi to use external name servers on Linode.

So my actual NS records are Linode ones: ns1.linode. com, ns2.linode. com, ns3.linode. com etc… with which I have a lot of records (A/AAAA, CNAME, TXT).

Now Mail-in-a-box tells me:

The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently ns1.linode. com; ns2.linode. com; ns3.linode. com; ns4.linode. com; ns5.linode. com. Use your domain name registrar’s control panel to set the nameservers to ns1.box.mydomain. com; ns2.box.mydomain. com.

But if I do so, I will loose all my existing A/AAAA, CNAME, TXT records. Isn’t it? Can I keep them and add ns1.box.mydomain. com in Linode DNS here after ns5.linode. com:

Mail-in-a-box tells me as well:

www.mydomain. com: This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A 212.111.43.xxx) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to 109.74.195.xxx in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

But I don’t want to change the IP address of my web server !

Thank you,
Vincent.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.