Incorrect Glue record warning

When I check my domain at Quick Check - Pingability I get a warning about different DNS records on my name servers.

I have setup the following at Gandi.net

• One glue record ns1.box. MYDOMAIN with linked to that the IPV4 and IPV6 of my MiaB
  • Two nameservers ns1.box.[MYDOMAIN] & ns6.gandi.net

The warning I get is the below one which would indicate that ns1.box.[mydomain] is missing the IPV6 records that are available on ns6.gandi.net. Did I setup something incorrectly?

ns6.gandi.net Name Server
Name ns6.gandi.net
IP Address 217.70.177.40
Location France
Response Time 122ms
Name Server Info
Info Type Message
Information
ns6.gandi.net’ is operated by the Gandi business.
Information
Found a glue record ([MY_IPV_4] at the parent name servers.
Information
The name server did not return any records after our AXFR request. This is quite normal.
Information
This name server returns the following DNS records for ‘[MY_DOMAIN]’: ‘{[MY_IPV_4] (A), [MY_IPV_4] (A), [MY_IPV_4] (A), [MY_IPV_4] (A), [MY_IPV_4] (A), [MY_IPV_4] (A), [MY_IPV_4] (A)}’.

ns1.box.[MY_DOMAIN] Name Server
Name ns1.box.[MY_DOMAIN]
IP Address [MY_IPV_4]
Location Germany
Response Time 127ms
Name Server Info
Info Type Message
Information
Found a glue record ([MY_IPV_4]) at the parent name servers.
Information
The name server did not return any records after our AXFR request. This is quite normal.
Error
This name server returns different DNS records for ‘[MY_DOMAIN]’ than the ‘ns6.gandi.net/217.70.177.40’ name server. It is missing these records: ‘{[MY_IPV_6] (AAAA), [MY_IPV_6] (AAAA), [MY_IPV_6] (AAAA)}’.

I don’t think that there is anything to see here, but trying to read through redacted comments is maddening. Would you be so kind as to PM me with your MiaB hostname and I’ll take a proper look - not one with some obscure tool found on the internet.

I just sent a DM with my domain. The only reason why I used this ‘tool’ is because it explicitly mentioned in the setup guide

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.