I pimped my MiaB server – wow!

guys, installing cockpit and webmin and squid is super easy! I now wield tremendous power over my €3 lunanode! Also streisand works like a charm (currently on a separate machine) giving you V2–ray and wireguard. squid is much faster than tinyproxy!

so far no problems whatsoever! much bang for 3 bucks per month! :pizza::fries::bagel::kiwi_fruit::strawberry:

1 Like

How about also explaining how you installed those, then?

I can only speak for Webmin, as I install it on all my MiaB installations … just follow their install instructions. Downloading and Installing | Webmin

Personally, I add the APT repository. One thing I do for security reasons is change the default port from 10000.

This isn’t security. You will get security by running updates at least weekly. The actual function of the non-default port usage is to (marginally) reduce server load and log noise. Any real attacker just scans all of the ports.

1 Like

If you want security with webbin (which you do) you should use webmin’s 2FA. I always use 2FA since you can do anything on the server once you login into webmin

1 Like

yeah, but for long? Anyway, I still advise against 2FA. itz just one of those buzzwords. I have tons of broken fones with lot’s of payware keys on them which never come back. Plus, thieves steal fones from you. Better stay clear of 2FA and be much safer.

2FA is like Tesla philosophy: it logs stuff for “security” on SSD, wears down the flash-memory of the entertainment system within a year a or so. Now you have no car any longer! Its completely safe but DEAD.

just too complicated like 2FA!

No authentication system is perfect and 2FA keys can be lost. However, if you have SSH access to the box you can always recover without too much trouble.

2FA is not phone-dependent. For example, YubiKey.

I’ve never, not even one time, experienced all of the fearmonger stuff you just posted. And, for sure, Tesla is a red herring.

2 Likes

I don’t think you actually understand how 2FA actually works, or have a solid understanding of security.

I also don’t think you actually use a Tesla, or understand how it works, or understand how flash memory works. If your claim were true, there would be fleets or disabled Teslas littering the road.

Your comment is very strange, to say the least.

4 Likes

the common man way of thinking is usually right. acting like an intellectual is so ’80s …

@eeeee He will not explain, why?
It’s just a clever promotion of his web hosting company for €3 (euro) or as he claims bucks … you can clearly see it now? :frowning:

1 Like

Not very clever, if he comes across as an idiot.

I take it you did not googlSearch for the Tesla issue I mentioned.

webmin for some people does not perform a whole lot of interesting tasks.

those free DNS slave servers from cloudns.net work like a charm with miab, whether or not you are in promo mode or not, seemingly. with those, your MiaB DNSes like a boss :crazy_face: at zero €€ :money_mouth_face:

try out the AXFR with digwebinterface.com and save the zone file in one fell swoop. Allow like xfr:1.2.3.4 the A-record of digwebinterface.com

fun factoid of the day:

you always aspired to obtain a zero-out-of-ten-score at www.mail-tester.com ? :star_struck:

Easy! Just use cloudflare! It will break MiaB thorougly and commensurately.

A zero score is guarantueed. e-mails do still go out though.

This is mail-pimping in master class fashion! :rofl: :joy: :laughing: