How to Track Email Delivery and Read Status in Mail-in-a-Box?

Hi,

I want to add a feature to track if an email is delivered and if the recipient has read it. How can I achieve this with Mail-in-a-Box? Are there any extensions or third-party tools you recommend that work like Mailtrack for tracking email delivery and read status?

Thanks!

Best,
Rai Asif

This is impossible to do reliable. You must have administrative account in remote system for that.

Only possible way I know of, is to hide some invisible (1x1 pixel) image in every email and track when receiver’s mail program trying to retrieve that from your server. This works sometimes, but in many cases, mail programs (Thunderbird for example) have switched off that feature (retrieving images from unknown sources) by default, because of privacy related reasons. Mainly to avoid tracking by spammers, who can validate mail addresses that way.

My roundcube has options for this when I write an email. E.g. Delivery Status Notice (DSN). Still, it would depend on the receiving party to actually send you back the delivery status, so indeed not completely reliable.

@KiekerJan @netmaster48 Thank you mates!