It would be great to create steps for setting up DMARC in MIAB.
I found this site(zytrax), but am struggling with connecting the dots…
1.Create a DMARC resource record of type 'TXT’
2.Name the record _dmarc or (_dmarc.box?)
3.For the Value, define your tags such as
"v=DMARC1; p=reject; pct=100; rua=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org; aspf=s; adkim=s"
What is Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance(DMARC)?
- an email protocol; i.e., policy
- the policy you create allows you (the sender) to show that your messages are protected by SPF and/or DKIM
- your policy will also help the organisation that receives your message determine if your message “aligns” with what they (the receiver) know about you (the sender).
- a policy applies to messages that fail authentication (report, quarantine, reject)
- suggestion: if you are confident that none of your legitimate messages are being incorrectly quarantined, apply a “reject” policy
- Protocol version
- example, v=DMARC1
- Percentage of messages subjected to filtering
- Reporting URI for forensic reports
- Reporting URI of aggregate reports
- Policy for organizational domain
- Policy for subdomains of the OD
- Alignment mode for DKIM
- Alignment mode for SPF