How could I modify the nextcloud services

Hello, everyone.
I know with the Miab installation come two “services” of nextcloud:the contacts, whicho I honestly do not use and the calendar - basically runs the same situation.
How could I introduce the external storage, so I could acces my drives connected to the raspberry pi? I mean, on my raspberrypi I have installed nextcloud, I installed the external storage and mapped a port and I can access it form WAN.
But if I could somehow install on my Miab instance that nextcloud app (external storage) I could add there my hard and function trough my domain (question: in this case must I chnage the hard drive form the pi to the laptop running Miab, and put it in fstab?).
I hope I explained with sufficient clarity my “dilema”. If not, please let me know how could I explain it better.
THanks in advance for the help.

First of all you must realize that this will be an unsupported modification. If somehow this messes up your MiaB you’re basically on your own and might need to reinstall your MiaB box.

Nextcloud offers command line access to the apps. In this case you’ll need to enable the “External storage support” app by:

cd /usr/local/lib/owncloud/
sudo -u www-data php occ app:enable files_external

if the app is not installed you’d use:

sudo -u www-data php occ app:install files_external

(all of this is untested, but it should be enough to help you on your way researching the question)

After that you’ll probably need to configure the app. This seems to be a good place to start reading.

Hi.
Thank you very much for your answer. I will test it and give it a try. Just in case I will create a backup first…… and then I’ll get to work.

Again, thanks a lot.