Help with setting up Backups to AWS S3

Hi all,

I finally managed to setup MIAB up and running with DigitalOcean. Sending/receiving emails perfectly.

I have a newbie question about how to setup the the Backups to AWS S3. I got the error below after filled up the information in the backup configuration in the MIAB/admin I get this error:

<html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

I follow this setup: storing-mail-in-a-box-backups-in-s3. But it seems this one wrote for EC2 hosted MIAB only.

I searched around google and this forum as well, but it seems stuck and could not find my anwser. Could someone please help? Thanks so much.
Quang

I am not sure why that setup is so long. It’s quite easy to setup now.

First, create a bucket
Second, in MIAB - Select Backup Status from the system menu
Select Amazon S3 from “Backup to” field
Pick a region where you made your bucket
create an IAM user with rights to S3
copy in the access and secret keys
click save

No need to concern yourself with where your MIAB instance is hosted.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @buecker. Will try and report the outcome.

@buecker Thanks again for your instruction. Confirmed everything works as it should. Very happy now.

Top notch good sir. I’m going to try this.

Simple as a pimple on a dimple.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.