Help figuring out DNS

Hello,
I have looked on this site and tried all solutions to my problem but no solutions have worked. I am trying to run email through mail in a box and host the actual site on a different hosting provider. I have tried variation in A records and get nothing in the browser. Here is what I have after deleting 5 times or more.

Domain Name Record Type Value

tlc-inspections.com A 27.0.0.1 [delete]
*.tlc-inspections.com A 27.0.0.1 [delete]

Where is my mistake. The current domain name is tlc-inspections.com, the one of the any I am going to change. Any ideas please help.

Thanks

Oh the mail portion works great!

27.0.0.1 is not a valid ip to use (I believe you tried to type 127.0.0.1?)

The records you need to change for web only:

for tlc-inspections.com & www.tlc-inspections.com. (do NOT wild card or it will overwrite all dns requests!!) and only do A records for web.

Yes the ip was a typo sorry about that. I tried www.tlc-inspection.com but the miab gives a message about it being a sub domain. Should I ignore that?

Yea just make 2 A custom A records for www.tlc-inspection.com and tlc-inspection.com

Thanks for your help. I actually had my ip’s mixed up but, doing the above with the correct ip works great thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.