Gmass and mailinabox

Hello

i’m trying to use mailinabox as my SMTP service with Gmass.co

and as you know Gmass only works with Gmail Accounts so how can i send using my mailinabox MSTP service and add Gmail account as my sender email and use Gmass

i tried to add my Gmail account to my mailinabox Server but it didn’t work at all and i can’t get the 200 OK with any SMTP tester

and the reason why i want to use Gmass with mailinabox SMTP server is that Gmass and my Gmail deliverability is unmatched like 99.9% inbox rate and i even tested it With Sendgrid and it works just perfect so i don’t want to relay on Sendgrid cause they are horrible

so i want to have my SMTP server using mailinabox for sure and Gmass

that’s the perfect Combination if there is anyone looking for a better solution you won’t find any trust me on that

so what do you think guys how can i use my Gmail account and add it to mailinabox SMTP service to use my Gmail account as my Sender email ?

waiting for your reply

Cheers

Simple. You can’t. Google will not allow it.

1 Like

off-course i can as i already said i can use SMTP service with my Gmail + Gmass easily

but it’s just a misconfiguration issue that i’m facing nothing more or less

Q: I’ve read that Gmail doesn’t allow its users to send “from” their Gmail accounts using outside servers. So how are you getting away with this?

A: It was thought that in early 2017, Gmail was going to update their DMARC policy to reject emails that are “from” a gmail.com address and sent by a non-Gmail server. Here’s some more detail on that prediction. That change hasn’t happened yet though. Here is Gmail’s DMARC record as of 9/28/17 11:24 AM CST:

Gmail’s DMARC policy hasn’t changed yet to reject emails sent “from” gmail.com from a non-Gmail server. Once they change it, p=none will become p=reject.

The above is copied from the Gmass site. It is outdated information as Gmail has changed their dmarc policy. See a current dig:

$ dig _dmarc.gmail.com TXT

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-3ubuntu0.17-Ubuntu <<>> _dmarc.gmail.com TXT
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 19484
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_dmarc.gmail.com. IN TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_dmarc.gmail.com. 600 IN TXT “v=DMARC1; p=none; sp=quarantine; rua=mailto:mailauth-reports@google.com

“Quarantine” means that ISP’s should send the emails to the spam box.

So my response above was absolutely correct. You cannot use your gmail.com account as the sender, however you are indeed able to use an email address from your own domain.

Well, technically you can send as gmail.com, you’re just guaranteed to end up in spam folders and I suspect after some time, blacklists.

Note that even MiaB ignores p=reject, which unfortunately is the common practice of most admins, so you could still use gmail.com and have email arrive in spam folders even after the change to p=reject.

1 Like

Exactly.

And you never will.

Sure, yes technically what you want to do is possible, OP … but it will NOT be do-able to achieve the result that you demand - 99.9% inbox delivery.

So we can twist words, and argue semantics til the cows go home, but the end result will always be the same… you can’t always get what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.