From StartSSL to Letsencrypt

My box is hosting from 5 domains emails where the 3 have already LetsEncrypt certificates installed successfully via the provided automated method (just a click actually). The problem comes with my other 2 domains that are under a soon to be expired free StartSSL certificate and I want to change it for LetsEncrypt. Any idea about how to go from StartSSL to LetsEncrypt?

Btw, I have never said to Josh a very big “thanks” for his project… so THANKS JOSH FOR YOUR TIME AND WHAT YOU DID HERE!!!

I’m having the same issue, https://box.paultibbetts.uk/admin is currently giving me

box.paultibbetts.uk uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate expired on 5 April 2016 at 00:59.
The current time is 5 April 2016 at 19:26. Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

as my paid for certificate has now ran out.

I was hoping to switch to Let’s Encrypt but my admin panel (accessed through server IP) is showing me

box.paultibbetts.uk
Certificate has a problem: The certificate is for the wrong domain name. It is for
COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA.

and clicking Install Certificate scrolls me down to the CSR form underneath.

@aspdye is there a way I can know if Let’s Encrypt will take over?

I’ve got the same issue. Running a COMODO cert on my box as well. (box.missourivalleyambulance.com). The cert expired yesterday. I was hoping letsencrypt would automatically take over and create a new cert, but it hasn’t.

When I run ./management/ssl_certificates.py I get: The certificate is valid for at least another 30 days — no need to replace.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Deleting the expired certificate file from /home/user-data/ssl will probably fix things.

1 Like