Forwarding, SPF and SRS

Continuing the discussion from Forwarded message blocked by gmail:

So I finally figured out the issue. I have everything setup correctly. The problem is with SPF. After days of googling I finally found this article: http://www.brokenbitstream.com/gmail-spf-policy

Enabling SRS was the only fix. Once enabled, the forwarded all worked correctly, nothing bouncing at all. I followed this article to get SRS installed.

I am a little confused why many others aren’t having the same problems, either way i think it would be a good addition to add SRS to mailinabox.

thisaccount.nl sends an email to forward@anotheracc.nl that forwards the message to endpoint@account.nl

thisaccount.nl receives this error:

This is the mail system at host box.email.eu.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

endpoint@account.nl (expanded from forward@anotheracc.nl): host
mail.account.nl[xxx.xxx.xxx.83] said: 550-SPF: xxx.xxx.xxx.85 is not
allowed
to send mail from thisaccount.nl: 550-Please see

i think my issue is related to the issue above. Would enablings SRS fix it?

Yes it looks like the same issue.

After smooth sailing for a few days my clients are now reporting bounce errors again, so SRS is NOT the golden ticket i was looking for. I will report back if i discover the source of the bounces.

@badsyntax I don’t know if it’s possible, but could you remove the ‘SOLVED’ part of the subject of this post? Maybe this way others are more likely to respond to our problem?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.